Past Tuesday Talks: How Critical Is Research/Technology to the Future & Women’s Role Within it
Tuesday, March 7
Presented by Seema Kumar, CEO, Cure
Thank you for joining n us for our next Tuesday Talks as we celebrate Women’s History Month with a topic that is top of mind for the STEM field.
Mary Woolley is a passionate advocate for the critical role of science and technology, and for thirty years has been an inspiring leader in promoting women scientists. Join us tomorrow to hear Mary describe the current state of affairs for research in the US and to answer pressing questions about the vital role of science and discovery in our lives.
• How robust is government-funded research?
• Do we need more resources?
• What are the great breakthroughs of the recent past and can be anticipated in the near future?
• Does the public trust science and data?
• How is the politicization of science impacting research?
• Are young people more or less trusting of science?
Mary shared some of the results of Research!America’s recent survey of Americans on how they feel about these questions and more.